Been a very busy summer; I’ll try to follow-up with details later, but here it is in summary:
- Autocross: kind of my “default” motorsports activity. Ran the full season of events with the SCCA, San Francisco Region. Finished mid-pack which is about as well as I expected, though I’m definitely continuing to improve. Won an autocross event at the Rim of the World Rally. Co-drove Navid’s class-favourite ESP car at SCCA Solo Nationals a couple weeks ago. He finished third due to a bit of bad luck on the first day; I finished a respectable 17th out of 26 despite not really putting down my finest driving performance on either day.
- Track days: nine this year so far, at Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, Reno-Fernley, Willow Springs, Streets of Willow, and Buttonwillow.
- Car: the Evo has undergone more upgrades, in addition to the usual fairly rigorous maintenance regiment.
- Rally: we fixed the rally car up enough to the point where it was running fairly well. I took it to an SCCA rallycross event. It drove well enough at the rallycross but had some major overheating problems. It drove back from the event without incident but mysteriously stopped working shortly thereafter. I suspect some fairly expensive overheating-related damage to the engine but haven’t had time to look at it. I worked as a volunteer at the Desert Storm Rally and Rim of the World Rally events as a way to familiarize myself with the sport and the people involved.
- Attended my friend Iliese’s wedding at Niagara-on-the-Lake; I’m attending my friend Paul’s wedding nearby tomorrow.
- I’m going to Italy for two weeks in October with some friends.
Well there you have it. Details to follow…