In a fit of last-moment planning and improvisation, we’ve decided to attempt to do a live video broadcast of our wedding ceremony from the beach in Kauai, Saturday 9/12/2009, 2pm local time (5pm Pacific, 6pm Mountain, 7pm Central, 8pm Eastern, 9pm Atlantic… and a half hour later in Newfoundland ).
If you want to check it out, go to the Ustream.tv page for the event.
The video should come up automatically when we start broadcasting.
The odds that we’ll actually pull this off are not great, hence the following disclaimers:
- The ceremony may be delayed in case of rain;
- The video broadcast stream may falter, or halt entirely; in the absence of a reliable Wi-Fi connection I’m doing this by connecting my laptop to the Internet through a tethered 3G data connection on my iPhone; the brief test I did yesterday showed it could work but who knows?
- The camera work will probably be not good (pointing the built-in camera in my laptop without being able to see the screen may prove problematic);
- The audio will probably be even worse (there’s wind, lots and lots of wind);
- Even if everything else works, Ustream.tv has been known to fall on its face for no good reason.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope this works!